Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

Making Sense of It

I'm thrilled to share there's another grand baby on the way!  And it's another girl! How cool is that?

After an overdose of testosterone growing up and raising boys, I get the ribbons and bows!

Woohoo!

Of course, the downside of being a long distance grandma is that I'm so far away, that I don't get the pleasure of seeing my girls grow up in an up close personal way.

But here's what I'm hoping . . .

That somehow, when they're older, they'll see my life as an inspiration, and not as some foolish old lady on an extended trip overseas.

I hope they will have the courage to step out of their comfort zone and do exciting things.

I hope they will learn to appreciate the world, and the varied cultures in it, with their different ideas and different ways of doing things.

I hope they'll see that you're never too old to pursue your dreams.

I hope they will be fearless (not as I am, but as I strive to be), always questioning, asking why?

I hope they will understand their value and their worth, not only to themselves, but to the world.

I hope they will forgive my absences, as I strive to pave a way for them.

Anyway, that's how I'm making sense of this . . .

My being away.

Here's hoping they will understand this.

Here's hoping they will care.

No comments:

Post a Comment