Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Big Goals. Big Beliefs.

It has been a while since I've posted something personal.  I spend most of my time here gathering and sharing things I think are interesting.

Today is different.

As principal of Martin Luther King K-8 School in Sacramento, California, I'm fortunate to be leading the charge in educating hundreds of students. I am proud to say that my kids are some of the brightest, talented, and most engaged students I've had the pleasure of knowing.

They bring an energy and excitement that is contagious.

Are the naughty?  Yes, sometimes.  Do they have to be redirected? Yes, often.  But I wouldn't change a single one as each one brings something special to the table.

I've been the principal since November 2017, so just over seven months, and in that time we've made great strides in being the best that we can be.

One of my jobs is managing our resources, human and otherwise.  To that end, we took a serious look at the tools at our disposal to prepare our students for the global challenges they will face when they leave us.

The area that we are most lacking is in our computer supply.  We currently have 120 for 450 students.  We are masters of scheduling the computer carts assignment so that each class has them for a limited time.

This works, but it is not the best.

Our goal is to have a dedicated computer for each student; a cart in each class with a set of computers that the class has access to every day, all day.

We can do this with your help.

Our goal is a big one, but our belief is even bigger that we can achieve this.

Please consider contributing to the success of our students, knowing that you are investing in our future.  You're a few clicks a way from making a positive impact.  Here's the link: https://www.gofundme.com/mlk-k8-pta-school-computer-drive.  It is also on the top right side of the blog.

We can't all do everything, but each of us can do something.

A million thanks!

Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment