Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

New Chapter

This month has been filled with anxiety and excitement.  Anxiety as I waited to hear from the UAE and excitement at this incredible opportunity.

Today, I was finally able to announce my plans to my employer and coworkers, as they are as concrete as I expect them to be before I depart.  The next communique I'm expecting from Teach Away will be a webinar later this week finalizing our travel and arrival plans with the other 1200 teachers and administrators who are headed to Abu Dhabi this cycle. 

A side note - There are currently over 3000 US teachers plus administrators who are employed by the UAE.

A wonderful surprise came last night when I was chatting with a dear friend.  She suggested I retire instead of attempting a leave of absence.  So, being totally clueless at the possibility or the process, I contacted the appropriate folks, and amazingly, I was able to submit my retirement papers this morning!  What a thrill that was!

Of course I will miss you all, especially the great staff and students at Nicholas.  It truly was a pleasure being there this past year plus. 

Side note 2 - Today was my last day at Nicholas as I've taken some time off to address a medical issue before my departure.

As I write this, I'm thinking how self-centered this whole process of writing a blog is.  The assumption is someone gives a hoot about what you're doing.  Well, I hope you do and I promise to keep it "quick and dirty," not writing unless I have something interesting (by whose measurement?) to say.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Faye,
    So happy to hear about your adventure. I give a hoot and will be following your journey with envious eyes.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete