Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2016

Happy Birthday

To me!

When I was in Sacramento, Ben & Lupe surprised me with an amazing birthday party!  It was an incredible treat seeing so many friends, many of whom I hadn't seen since I left the country almost five years ago.  HUGE thanks to all of the people who came out.

I partied then, and now I'm in Houston reflecting on the great time I had and counting my blessings for these six decades.

I thank God . . .

For these 60 years, remembering that my brother Terry died at 51.  He would have been 61 on August 2nd.

I thank God . . .

For my surviving brothers, Willie & Forrest, and the fact that we have come to understand the importance of keeping in touch, no matter what.

I thank God . . .

For my sons, Ben and Frankie, and their families, as they grow in responsibilty and truly take on the mantle of being grown up and all that that entails.

I thank God . . .

For my friends, many lifelong, and some new, who have helped me to see the world through their eyes.

I thank God . . .

For my time abroad, where I learned more about life and living than I thought possible.

I thank God . . .

For understanding, that no matter what, forgiveness is the key that unlocks the resentment, disillusionment, and hatred that settles so easily, and so subtly in our hearts and minds.

I thank God . . .

That my best days are ahead of me.











No comments:

Post a Comment