Search This Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Getting Schooled on Prison Life

An excerpt from the OZY -

THE BEST BOOKS ON PRISON GANGS I READ WHILE SERVING TIME
By Seth Ferranti

When I first got locked up, in 1993, I didn’t know a thing about prison, so I had to learn fast. It was either that or end up on the wrong end of a shank. I had a release date, and I was intent on making it. Prison has its own parlance, unofficial rules and customs. As a guy from the suburbs, I needed to immerse myself in prison gang culture real quick. So I read a lot. By reading I gained insight into where the gangs were coming from, which I hoped would alleviate any potential problems. (By reading I also satisfied my insatiable appetite, which began in my youth, for the unknown and potentially dangerous.) Here are best of those books.


http://www.ozy.com/good-sht/the-best-books-on-prison-gangs-i-read-while-serving-time/82163?utm_source=dd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=01072018&variable=e3bf1057d4e3c0988a79ae4bce515610

No comments:

Post a Comment