Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Again

An excerpt from the Washington Post -

Police attacked me for stealing a car. It was my own.
Lawrence Crosby is a PhD graduate in materials engineering.
By Lawrence Crosby

I was face down on the pavement. One police officer was kneeing me in the back, while others pulled or punched. They paid no attention to my screams identifying myself as an engineering PhD student at Northwestern University. They just kept punching. One shouted, “Stop resisting!”


The record is on the dash-cam footage: It’s nighttime. I step out of my car, bewildered at being pulled over and surrounded by police vehicles in the college town I’ve lived in for years. I hold my hands up high, shocked to see several guns pointed at me. It turns out a fellow student had called the police to report that someone was trying to steal a car. That someone was me. The car was my own. I had a key.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/police-attacked-me-for-stealing-a-car-it-was-my-own/2018/06/29/86829292-7658-11e8-b4b7-308400242c2e_story.html?utm_term=.50a24cf133ac&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

No comments:

Post a Comment