Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

His Determination Was Rewarded

An excerpt from CNN -

He walked all night to be on time for his first day of work. His boss was so impressed he gave him a car
By Elizabeth Elkin and Brandon Griggs, CNN

When an Alabama college student's car broke down the night before his first day at a new job, there was one thing he knew he wouldn't do: Not show up.

So he walked to work. For 20 miles.

After he asked someone for a ride and it fell through, Walter Carr walked all night from Homewood, Alabama, south to Pelham. He needed the job at Bellhops moving company, even though his phone told him it would take him seven hours on foot.

"I've never been that person that gives up," said Carr, 20. "I've just never seen myself doing that. I can only be defeated if I allow myself to be defeated."

And what began as a man determined to get to work on time became so much more -- a community coming together to change a life.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/us/alabama-student-walks-20-miles-gets-car-trnd/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment