Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Faye's New Year Playlist

I spent a lot of time in my car today, listening to music.  I've shared some of my favorite tunes.

"A Beautiful Day" by India. Arie.  Helps you to appreciate what the new day/year brings.

"The Only Thing Missing is You" by Aretha Franklin.  She is in a class all her own.

"When I First Saw You" by Jamie Foxx/Beyonce (Dreamgirls Soundtrack).  This guy is one talented dude.

"Another Day" by Jamie Lidell.  This was my go to song as I was riding through the neighbor on my tricycle.

"Jesus is Lord" by Lionel Richie.  He takes you to church with this one.

"C'est Si Bon" by Eartha Kitt (Something's Gotta Give Soundtrack).  Homage to my recent travels.

"Twistin' the Night Away" by Sam Cooke.  You gotta move when this is playing.

"You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened" by Gladys Knight.  Like Aretha, Gladys is one of a kind.

"You've Got a Friend" by Donny Hathaway and Roberta Flack.  I think this song was written by James Taylor.  Donny and Roberta do an amazing job on it.

"Home" by Marc Broussard.  I love this kid.  Check out the video for this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuWPseegaKw

"Some Bridges Need Burning"  by Keisa Brown.  Forrest introduced me to this lady. This song definitely rings true.

OK.  Those are mine.

What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment