Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

On the Road Again

I was on the road again, traveling back to Al Ain, where I go once a month to I get my hair colored (vanity thy name is Faye), pick up packages, etc.

It reminds me of living in the country, and every now and then getting the chance to go into town.  It was a big deal then, and it's still a big deal now.

The amazing thing to me, is the traffic, both automobile and people, that seemed so much faster and so much more than I remember.  Maybe it's just my life here has slowed down so much.

Someone asked me what I do here in Al Sila (alternately spelled Al Sela'a, Al Sila'a, Al Selaa; there's no consistency in the spelling, even on official documents) for fun.  I responded that I do the same thing here, that I did in Al Ain, and in Sacramento . . . I surf the net reading current events.  If you're not mindful, you can easily loose track of what is happening outside your immediate world.  I read books and magazines, and every now and then, watch television, usually something from Hulu or Netflix.

Side note - it's been a minute since I last posted.  Work has been crazy busy, in a good way.  I'm discovering talents I didn't know I have.

Speaking of work, I headed out in a bit, so in closing . . .

Good night to you.

Good morning to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment