Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Clean Water & Cleaned Up Pictures

Every day I get an email from The Grommet, a website that offers creative do-it-yourself folks a place to sell their wares.  Some of the items are nice, but too expensive, but many are reasonable and are answers to every day issues many of us face.  The item that caught my eye recently is Lifestraw, a portable water filtering system that works just like a straw.  You may be sucking up dirty water, but by the time it goes through the straw, it's good to go and ready to drink.  It's especially useful for folks who camp and hike, and for people in places where they who don't have access to clean water.  Check out the link below for more info.  It's available at Amazon, too.

http://www.thegrommet.com/lifestraw-personal-water-filter-personal-filter

Remember the "Hot Girls Pearls" I mentioned some time ago?  They are the string of pearls that you keep in the freezer and on the miserably hot days, you wear them and instantly you're cooled off.  I saw them first on The Grommet.  Here's the link to them on Amazon.  If I had been thinking, I would have taken them on the trip to Vietnam.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Girls-Pearls-Necklace-Insulated/dp/B00GOHYE1Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1397058170&sr=8-5&keywords=hot+girls+pearls

Huge thanks to Forrest for showing me how to quickly and easily edit the pictures I've taken.  I'm not a "camera" person, so the advent of cameras on phones was made just for me.  I always have my phone, and so now I always have my camera.  As far as the editing, it's amazing what a little crop here, a little shading there, can do to enhance the photos.

Side note -

I've enjoyed these days off.  There are so many things I could be doing, and need to be doing, but my rationale for putting them off is, if I had made the second trip as planned, I wouldn't have done these things.  So, if I get any of them done now, it's a bonus.

Oh, the games we play with ourselves.

Or is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment