Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Upgrade Havoc

I was always one of those folks who liked to upgrade my computer and other electronic gadgets as soon as they became available.

That is, until I tried to upgrade my Macbook to Yosemite . . . TWICE . . . .and FAILED.  What a calamity that was!  Twice glitches caused it to load incorrectly. Thank God I had backed everything up, so I reverted to the previous version and all was well in my world.

That is, until iOS9 upgrade showed up for my phone/gadgets this week, and I was faced with the choice of upgrading again.

After much internal debate, I went for it.

Again, thank God, everything loaded properly and is working great.

Upgrading was heavy on my mind this week, as we experienced a system-wide upgrade of our Windows operating system at work.

To say it did not go well, is an incredible understatement.

Adding to the headaches is the fact that there is no one on staff who is proficient in the new system, so it's a case of the blind leading the blind.

Frustration has been the order of the day.

So you can see why choosing to upgrade today, after the fiasco at work all week, was such a big deal.

Overall, upgrading is probably a good thing - adding features and improving on services.

When it works, it's fantastic.

When it doesn't, you want to chuck the computer/phone/gadget across the room.

Thankfully it works more times than it doesn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment