Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Greetings From Belgrade, Serbia

We're off for the EID Holiday being celebrated in the UAE and with Muslims around the world. This is the time of the pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

After reading in several publications that Serbia was a hidden jewel in Europe, I decided to visit.  It's an old city with lots of historical significance, that bounced back from scores of bombings during World Wars I and II.

What's left is a resilient people, who are proud and hard working.  

I took a tour of the city, seeing the highlights.  It is very green with lots of parks and outdoor activities.  The architecture of many of the old buildings beautiful.

The people that I've encountered have been especially warm and inviting.  

We passed by a park that was temporary housing for the many Syrian refugees passing through this country on their way to Germany.  Local volunteers were feeding them and providing other services.  I passed a storefront that was an outreach for refugees providing computers and other resources.

On a personal note - 

I'm experiencing some serious problems with the lastest (my third) attempt to upgrade my laptop.  Please ignore my previous post on the rewards and benefits of upgrading. I'm an Apple devotee, but Yosemite sucks.

Anyway, below are a few pictures.  I have plenty more, and will post them as soon as my computer issues are sorted out.  When I previewed this post, I see there are duplicate pictures. I'm writing this on my iPad and can't figure out how to delete them.

Sigh.






No comments:

Post a Comment