Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Choose to See the Best Version

This is a tribute to a man's AA sponsor who passed away.  If time permits, read the whole thing.  It's worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~

An excerpt from Jon Carroll Prose (Blog) - "Dark Shadows"

She was a difficult woman. She was a kind, smart woman. She was the whole messy package of humanity rolled into one explosive bundle. I loved her. I didn’t speak to her for years.

~~~~~~~~~~

My reasons for writing this are twofold. One, I wanted to tell you about Dunn Miller, because there will be no obituaries, no tributes on television. I have this tiny forum to encourage others to mourn with me.

And the second thing I have to say is: Are there people in your life from whom you’ve become estranged? Is there some argument, some outrage, some unforgivable exchange? Forgive anyway. Go to whomever and tell them how important they were, how much you appreciated what they did.  Talk to the best version of that person. Offer grace.

https://joncarrollprose.com/2016/09/24/dark-shadows/

No comments:

Post a Comment