Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Not a Fan, But . . .

The following is an excerpt from the New York Magazine from a journal Lil' Wayne kept while he was in jail.  There's more to this kid than meets the eye.  The tats and grill are a complete turnoff, but his writing was reflective and thoughtful.  A surprise.

‘Damn, I Really Don’t Deserve This’
In 2010, Lil Wayne spent an eight-month jail sentence at Rikers Island, where he prayed, worked out, and kept a journal. Here’s an excerpt from Gone ’Til November, which is out this week.

As soon as I heard the cell door lock behind me, I just sat on the back wall and the tears began to flow as I took my first glimpse at my new digs: three buckets, one bed, one toilet that was surprisingly kind of clean (emphasis on kind of), a rusty-ass sink with a mirror the size of a small notepad, a desk, and a window. A clothesline was left hanging in the cell. I decided to leave it because I figured it would come in handy.

I got in just in time for chow, which is the overall term used for what they call breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I only ate the veggies because I wasn't too sure what the other stuff was.

I wasn't in the mood to do much socializing, so I kept the first-day meet and greet short. I guess not everybody on staff got the captain's memo because two C.O.’s were suspended for trying to come up and see me ... females of course. Maybe there will be some female groupies in the bitch after all.


Fuck ... one down!

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/lil-wayne-rikers-island-journal.html


No comments:

Post a Comment