Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Priest Repents

An excerpt from the Arlington Catholic Herald -

Moving from hate to love with God’s grace
By Fr. William Aitcheson

In the course of one’s life, there are seminal moments that humble us and, in some cases, even bring shame. For the past several decades, I have been blessed with the opportunity to serve as a Catholic priest. Originally ordained for the Diocese of Reno-Las Vegas, I transferred to my home area here in the Diocese of Arlington.

What most people do not know about me is that as an impressionable young man, I was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. It’s public information but it rarely comes up. My actions were despicable. When I think back on burning crosses, a threatening letter, and so on, I feel as though I am speaking of somebody else. It’s hard to believe that was me.

http://catholicherald.com/News/Local_News/Moving_from_hate_to_love_with_God_s_grace/

No comments:

Post a Comment