Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Patient Becomes Caregiver

An excerpt from Buzzfeed News -

This 24-Year-Old Who Survived Cancer Twice Is Now A Nurse At The Hospital Where She Was Treated
"Never in a million years did I think that at the age of 24 I would have achieved my biggest and wildest dream — to work at the hospital I was treated at as a child/teenager."
By Stephanie McNeal

Brown, now 24, underwent chemo for a year at the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and went into remission.

When she was 15, her cancer returned.

"I had just tried out for my high school cheerleading team," Brown told ABC News. "I actually ran a mile while I had cancer and had no idea...There weren't symptoms but my mom and dad could tell that something was different about me and they knew that something was a little off."

Brown's experience inspired her to become a pediatric oncology nurse, and last week, she started working at the hospital where she was treated.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/child-who-beat-cancer-returns-as-a-nurse?utm_term=.mrwyxalgQ#.ntdG9YBJj

No comments:

Post a Comment