Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2021

I Love FAMU! My HBCU!

An excerpt from The Undefeated - 

My HBCU experience has been life-changing

We are taught to stand tall, be confident and make our presence known

By Marissa Stubbs

My HBCU has served as my haven, a place where I can be unapologetically Black. The discussions that take place in our classrooms go beyond the four walls of our illustrious institutions. Instead, we carry them with us into the real world and apply them to our daily lives. Addressing topics such as racism, police brutality and systematic oppression helps us see where we as students can come in and help make a change.

Every time I step on campus, I feel like I belong and I’m protected. After graduating, I will be sure to carry the lessons I’ve learned and apply them to my everyday life. Choosing an HBCU was one of the best decisions I’ve made, and I will forever be grateful for the knowledge my university has instilled in me.

https://theundefeated.com/features/my-hbcu-experience-has-been-life-changing/

No comments:

Post a Comment