Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2021

The First Black Woman to Have a Hair Fragrance Made in France

An excerpt from Essence - 

Alexia P. Hammonds Is The First Black Woman To Have A Hair Fragrance Manufactured In Grasse, France

GRASSE IS THE PERFUME CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. 

By Brooklyn White

KELLY WILLIAMS PHOTOGRAPHY

Alexia P. Hammonds has made history.

Her hair fragrance, Eat.Sweat.Undress, launched in October 2020 and established her as the first Black woman to have a hair fragrance manufactured in Grasse, France, the world’s perfume capital. She’s ecstatic about breaking new ground.

“I love that. Like, no matter what happens or how I transition in my fragrance business, I love knowing that I’ll be able to tell my kids, mommy was the first Black woman to do something,” Hammond said to ESSENCE.

What makes her product unique is that in addition to freshening the hair, it nourishes as well, which is key when creating products with a range of hair types in mind. “I have two luxury haircare benefits in my hair perfume,” she said. “So I have keratin and…I have the highest percentage of fragrance oil and the least amount of ethanol alcohol, which is the safe alcohol to having in a hair product for your hair so it doesn’t dry it out.”

https://www.essence.com/beauty/alexia-hammonds-hair-fragrance-exclusive/

No comments:

Post a Comment