Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lost & Ditching in Kandy

Allow me to explain the title.

Today was another full day, which I'll get into in greater detail in a minute.  First, there is a culture dance show that happens everyday at 5:00.  It occurs each day just for tourists.  There are that many folks who visit where they are able to fill an auditorium each night.

Well, the 20 or so in my group were scattered throughout the building, and when it was over, God only knows where any of them were.  I couldn't find the bus we were traveling in, so I decided to take a TukTuk back to the hotel.

I missed a visit to a famous temple, but we would have gotten home at about 10:00, and quite frankly, I hoped to be sleep by then.  Thus my "lost & ditching" adventure.

The day began with a visit to the Peradeniya Botanical Garden.

Wow!

























The trees are called the "drunken cypress."

Here are a couple of videos of the cultural dances.  Here's hoping they uploaded OK.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment