Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Parking

If there was anyone watching the other day, I provided loads of entertainment as I circled a parking lot over and over and over again looking for a space.

It wasn't that I was trying to get a close one, there were none to be found even blocks away.  It wasn't a holiday, and there wasn't a special event going on.

When I think about it, there are two parking worlds here . . . either it's feast or famine.

There are buildings with acres of available parking, and there are others, like the post office, a place that everyone has to frequent from time to time, that are sorely lacking.

One of the issues is most buildings have multiple tenants.  The post office houses at least a half dozen other businesses, and one of them is the main health insurer.  You need to visit them to file a claim.

So, the adventure continues.

I was visiting a brand new building the other day in Abu Dhabi, that was really, really nice.  Everything about it was state of the art, everything that is, except the parking lot.  There were less than twenty parking spaces for this entire building.

Nutty.  Nutty.  Nutty.

Of course, folks quickly got creative by parking on the curbs, and double/triple parking.

But really, as much as I dislike dealing with the headache of finding parking spaces, I only have to deal with it every once in a while.  It's a routine occurrence for my guys in New York and San Francisco, which you can expect because of the vast number of people in these cities, but even in Seattle, where my nephew just moved, it is insane finding parking there, too.

Makes you want to ditch your car altogether.

"Sorry Luther (my car).  I didn't mean you."








No comments:

Post a Comment