Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Technical Difficulties

This morning I woke up early, ready to start my day, but my computer did not.

It worked perfectly last night, but this morning it didn't recognize me.  It's like it completely forgot who I was.

There were hints of a problem brewing with it while I was away this summer.  In fact, that's why I made a trip to the Genius Bar while in Sacramento to have it checked out.  The Apple guys did a lot of work on it and replaced most of the moving parts.  Thank God, it was still under warranty.

We had a rough start, me and my MacBook Pro.  It took more than a notion for me to grasp how to use it.  That time was not pretty.

Now  . . . I love my guy.

As you know, this gadget is my life line. 

So, when it was needing some attention this morning, I didn't panic.

I used my iPad to Google solutions, including wiping the hard drive clean, and restoring it to the factory settings.

But . . .

Nothing worked.

Thank God, I had just backed up the hard drive last night.

In addition to my iPad, I also have another Windows tablet that I purchased when I couldn't access my work website from home on my Mac.

So I'm not completely stranded.

It could be much worse.

But now I have a big decision to make.

Do I buy the small MacBook Air that I get in the UAE to tide me over while I'm here, or do I splurge and buy the top of the line Macbook Pro with a massive hard drive?

Keep in mind, this one that just died lasted less than three years.

I love Apple, but I expected to replace it because I wanted the new and improved model, not because I had to.

Anyway, this is where I am.

I'll post as much as I can, but if there is a slow down, you'll know why.

As always, thanks for taking this journey with me.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment