Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

Closely Watching

I can't get enough of the news about the possibility of Scottish Independence.

The election is this Thursday, Sept. 18th.

If I could, I'd vote YES.

It's hard to believe the dominant influence Great Britain has had in places all over the world.  I've experienced it many times when I've visited countries where there is a preference for tea over coffee and driving on the left.  Far and wide the Brits have left their mark.  It's time more folks said, "Enough."

John Oliver does a terrific job of explaining the issues of Scottish Independence, enumerating the pros and cons.

The clip is about 15 minutes, but watching him is like reading the Cliff Notes, only much funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU3XTzVzaHQEd30rQbuvCtTQ&v=-YkLPxQp_y0




No comments:

Post a Comment