Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Why I Write

I write because I love to talk.

I write because I love to share things I read about or things I've seen or experienced.

I write because I love a good argument.

I write because in this format, I win all of the arguments.

I write to vent.

I write to keep in touch.

I write about my life and the mistakes I've made in the hope of helping someone else avoid them.

I write to inspire.  Forgive my arrogance in assuming that someone could be inspired by my life, but I believe somewhere out there is a lonely, scared person just needing a nudge of encouragement to soar to great heights.

I write to be that nudge.

I write to be that encouragement.

I write to forgive . . . myself and others.

I write to express my appreciation for my life, my family and friends and the many blessings I receive every day.

I write in the hope of being a blessing to others.

I write to keep connected to you.

I write because I can.  My father was illiterate.  Seeing up close what a hinderance that was on so many levels, helped me to appreciate, and eventually to love, reading and writing.

I write, not because I'm particularly good at it, but because in many ways, it's therapeutic.

I write because I know now that my voice is as valid as anyone else's.

I write to leave a legacy for my grandchildren.

I write in hopes that they will one day, when they're lots older navigating the world around them, pick up these posts and get to know their crazy, wild, adventurous, and very opinionated Grandma.

I write to tell them "I love you."


No comments:

Post a Comment