Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Perception

Before I get into the post, please allow for a health update.

Thank God, after several days of feeling lousy, I'm much better.

It is rare for me to get sick with a cold.  The climate here is so vastly different than anything I've ever experienced, and as such, it has an impact on how colds are manifested in me.  I haven't had a running nose or cough since my arrival more than three years ago (again, thank God).  I have gotten congestion and it has been solely located in my chest.  Interestingly, it has been difficult finding medicine specifically for this type of cold.  I'm relying heavily on Amazon to get the things I need to get through this.

Bottom line . . . I'm better.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now for today's post . . .

In the local paper today, there is an article on how Arabs are depicted in movies coming out of Hollywood.  I don't need to tell you it mostly negative.  There are comments from Arab filmmakers about this phenomena that are most telling.  They are in bold at the end of the piece.

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyle/film/20150221/annoying-hollywood-middle-eastern-clichs-arab-filmmakers-speak-out?utm_content='s%20Hadi%20flees%20Sanaa%20after%20weeks%20of%20house%20arrest


No comments:

Post a Comment