Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Bird Who?

I tried.

Honest to goodness I did.

But an hour into Birdman, the Academy Awarding Winner Best Picture flick, I quit.

It was just too painful to watch.

I kept thinking,

"This is the best?"

"This movie represents the best that America has to offer for cinematic excellence?"

God help us all then.

I thought the same thing when I tried watching Boyhood.  Forty-five minutes into the three-hour movie, and I gave up on it, too.

Like Oprah, here's what I know for sure.

Time is too precious to waste.

OK, let me be even clearer.

My time is too precious to waste on the cinematic junk food that is coming out of Hollywood.

Film makers really should stop what they're doing and watch a little TV.

They could learn a lot from the recent entry into quality programing.

Right now TV is putting the movies to shame.




No comments:

Post a Comment