Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Greetings!

It seems like forever since I've posted, and for that I apologize.

I've been on the road for over a week now.  I arrived in New York last Monday and had a terrific time with Frankie and his girls.  I met the newest addition, little Theia Jean, and she's a cutie.  At 4.5 years old, Zadie is so grown up now, it's a hoot hanging out with her.  She and I made our annual pilgrimage to Coney Island, and that was a blast.

I'm currently in Sacramento visiting Ben and his girls.  Milu is a sweetheart.  At 2.5 years old, she and I are buddies.  I made a conscious effort to send her videos of me singing to her so that she would recognize me when I arrived.  That helped tremendously.  We video chat as much as possible, but the videos can be played over and over again to keep me in the loop.  These technological advances take the sting out of being so far away.

On Friday I'm headed to Texas to see my brothers.

Like before, I'm covering a lot of ground in less than a month.

As an ex-pat, we're limited to returning to the US for a maximum of thirty days a year. Any longer and we would have to pay taxes on our earnings for that year.

Thank you for your patience and for hanging with me as I get rejuvenated and reacclimatize, seeing as many family and friends as possible, and making my daily visits to Target, just basking in the glory of walking up and down the aisles.

More soon.

Cheers!

  


1 comment: