Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Remembrances

It was January 5, 1977 that I met my ex-husband.  Thirty-six years ago today.

Funny the random things you remember.

January 2nd is the birthday of a classmate that I haven't seen in almost 40 years. Yet every year, I remember her birthday.

Why do these random things stick in our heads, when other more pertinent stuff, is not nearly as easy to recall?

Who knows?

Of course, anytime I think about my ex-husband, I'm reminded of the need to forgive.  Everyday.  Every time my thoughts drift that way.

When you've gone through a difficult time, it's natural to want to draw a line in the sand and declare, I'm right, and you're wrong.  And that may be true.  Or maybe not. But holding on to the negative stuff only hurts you/me.  I speak from much experience.

So, as I've encouraged you/me many times before in this venue, let me say it again . . . let it go.  Whatever "it" is.  It's not worth being stuck in the land of negativity, watching the world pass you/me by.

Forgive 'em.  No matter what.

No matter how ugly, how mean, how rude, how insensitive, how nasty, how thoughtless or how petty they are, or have been . . .

Forgive 'em.

Then watch you life morph into more than you could have imagined.

Remember . . . it's a choice.

Choose to let go and LIVE!

OK.

End of sermon.

Amen.











No comments:

Post a Comment