Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Root Canal

Today after work I went to the dentist.  He took one look at my aching tooth, and declared I needed a root canal.  Having been through this procedure before, several times in fact, I knew the pain associated with the procedure would pale in comparison to what I was feeling when I walked in his office.

We didn't have insurance when I was growing up, so we only went to the health professionals as a last resort. And although that was not the issue once I was grown and married, that mindset of only going to the doctor after all of the home remedies had failed, was ingrained.  It's only now, that I realize how much of what I'm dealing with, particularly in the dental arena, could have been prevented with proper care.

My new mantra is . . . an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

So, let me encourage you -

Stop reading.

Make the call . . . to the doctor, dentist, optometrist, therapist . . . whoever you need to see, to take care of yourself.

Remember, this encouragement is not just for you.  I need this message most of all.







No comments:

Post a Comment