Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Presentation is Everything

We had another celebration at school today, and with it came a parade of many cakes.  Beautiful, layered, decorative, and inviting . . .

. . . until it was time to eat them.

I should mention that utensils are not used to cut the cakes, so after the first fist digs in, your appetite for the cake diminishes completely.

The kids are darling, though.  They want to share with everyone, especially the adults in the building, so many of them came by my office with boxes of the remnants of the beautiful cakes that were.

Thankfully, I brought some veggies to munch on and I could show the kids I was dieting, when they insisted that I partake of their goodies.

This whole scene is reminiscent of the traditional meals we've had, where these huge woks are filled to overflowing with food, and everyone digs in.  Most of the time there will be a serving spoon, but if there isn't one, you just scoop things up with the flat bread that is served with every meal.

These experiences have taught me that presentation is everything, and even chocolate is a turn off once it becomes finger/fist food.




No comments:

Post a Comment