Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tattoos, Phones and Cameras

I think tattoos are silly.

I know.

No one cares what I think, but I wanted it on record.

I'm not a fan.

Interestingly, I've yet to see tattoos on anyone in my travels.  Although, to be fair, I can't say I was looking for them per se.  I'm guessing they're more prevalent in Europe.

I understand many tattoos are meaningful and touching.  The thing is, many of what was meaningful in my 20's, seems down right stupid in my 50's.  If I would have indulged then, I'd be spending a mint to get them removed now.

But that's me.

Old school through and through.

Now to mobile phones -

As I've shared before, this area is keeping Blackberry phones alive.  There appears to be more Blackberry mobiles than iPhones, by a long shot.  And, if not Blackberry, some other android platform phones have flooded the market.

Whatever the phone, they all seem to have cameras and they are used profusely. Interestingly, local women usually cover up when we pull out our cameras, but they take pictures of each other at will.  In fact, everything that is done, is captured by picture.  It serves as proof that it happened.

Speaking of old school -

For those of you old enough to remember Walter Cronkite, he used to sign off his newscast like this:

"And that's the way it is."

I would add, "in the UAE."

More soon.

Inshallah.




No comments:

Post a Comment