Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Science & Random Thoughts

I'm tickled every time I visit one of the book stores because - front and center - are ready made science projects.  The student simply has to choose which experiment he/she is going to purchase.

Learning is optional.

If it can be purchased here, it is.

Random thoughts:

---There is a field just outside of Dubai that is dedicated to rugby.  It's called "The Sevens."

---The national airlines for Abu Dhabi is Ethiad.  The one for Dubai is Emirates.

---The president of the UAE has his own airport.  It is in Abu Dhabi, near the commercial airfield.



HQ Building in Abu Dhabi.  It looks like a giant frisbee.
I noticed it last week for the first time.  Hard to miss, though.



---As I've mentioned before, the roads and highways here are great.  Whoever planned this was a forward thinker.  The roadways are wide, at least six lanes across.  All signs are in Arabic and English.  Thank God!

---The mountain, Jabel Hafeet, located in Al Ain, can be seen 15 miles out because the road that runs through it is lit up like a Christmas Tree.  It's a majestic view.

---I just cooked a store bought personal pan pizza for dinner. The challenge is, I'm never sure of the temperature setting of the oven.  There are no numbers on the knob, so it's anybody's guess.  I knew the pizza was done when I smelled it burning.

I've learned to appreciate a home cooked meal.  Even a burnt one.

Here's hoping you have a terrific day.





No comments:

Post a Comment