Search This Blog

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Taste of Home

Today I had an unplanned trip to Abu Dhabi to pick up my insurance card, and while there, I decided to stretch my legs at one of the malls.

Lo and behold, there was a Red Lobster among the cluster of restaurants.  Some US brand eating establishments are commonly found here.  TGIF, Appleby's, Olive Garden.  But not Red Lobster.  We also have lots of McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Subway and KFC.  In fact, I've seen a McDonald's and KFC in every country I've visited except France.  There weren't any where the tourists hangout in Paris.  That would be a cryin' shame to waste your appetite on Mickey D's when you can feast on food cooked with real butter, heavy cream and all the bread you can eat.

Seriously, I don't know how the Parisians eat the way they do and look so incredibly fit.  Lots of folks were walking, but many were eating personal size French bread as they walked.  Bread seems to be the main stable of their diet.

Anyway, I was thinking of that, and all the food that I enjoyed while there, as I was eating the Red Lobster cheese biscuits.  They are down home delicious!

I know.  I know.  You're thinking I'd better add a heavy rotation of longterm intense exercise real soon.

I'm way ahead of you.

My New Year's resolution is all about getting, and staying active.

And . . .

I will stick to it.

I will stick to it.

I will stick to it.

But for now, I'm enjoying some cheese biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment