Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Paris, je t'aime

I'm spending my last day in this beautiful city.

It's overcast, with a steady drizzle, that quite frankly kept me inside yesterday, but today I weathered the elements to see some more of all there is to see.

I toured the Latin Quarter, which is home of the Sorbonne, The University of Paris, and a lively art and music district that dates back centuries.

The Sorbonne
I downloaded this picture because mine was fuzzy.


This area did not appear to be as well traveled by tourists, but seemed to be mostly occupied by Parisians.

I've had a wonderful time here, but this is city that must be shared.

Thanks for letting me share it with you.

A flower shop.  There was at least one on every block.
The floral scents were heavenly.

A fruit market.  These were plentiful, too.

A church.  I walked into one, close to my hotel,
that was referential.  Somehow it projected holiness
in its physical being.  I didn't take pictures.
It just didn't seem right.

An intersection in the Latin Quarter

I was surprised at the number of bookstores around.
Not the big megastores, but these were neighborhood stores.

This storefront is called the Galactic Store.
I'm not into these action figures, but the way there're displayed,
it looks like they're ready from battle.  Really cute.


Au revoir Paris


No comments:

Post a Comment