Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Don't Know Why

I don't know why I still claim Texas as home.

Maybe because that's where I was born and raised, although I lived in California longer (18 vs. 23 years).

Even now, when people ask me where I'm from, after we get pass America, I almost always respond with "Texas."

Can we agree that some of the most ignorant, dumbest, most backwards-thinking, fear-mongering folks reside here?

The latest outlandish move is adopting textbooks that push facts, truths and science to the margins, if they're present at all.

And don't get me started on voter suppression and redistricting to squash votes.

You can guess whose.

And yet, in spite of all of this evidence, and the opportunity to re-write history for myself and claim another state, I still claim Texas.

What in the world is wrong with me?

Do I willfully want to be associated with ignorance of this magnitude?

Or, is it because deep down, I realize that's the place that molded and shaped me into the person I am today.

For better or for worse.

Check out the link below to see stupidity in action.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/us/texas-approves-disputed-history-texts-for-schools.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=MostViewed&version=Full&src=mv&WT.nav=MostViewed




No comments:

Post a Comment