Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hidden Gifts & Talents

Forrest, my second brother, older by ten years, is a master story teller.

Always has been.

He's also an entertainer and wonderful musician.  Although his skills as a singer and musician on the saxophone and flute are amazing, it's his monologues between songs that folks enjoy the most.

Writing was never his strong suit.

Very recently though, he decided to write his story.

On one of our chats, he shared this with me.

Well, I can testify firsthand that writing is not a strength, so it was with hesitation that I opened the file containing his narrative.

And there appeared another example of hidden gifts and talents bestowed from God, that we don't even know we possess.

That's the only explanation for this marvelous manifesto he is producing.

I had heard bits and pieces of his story over the years, but with the age difference, he experienced so much before I was even born.  That time alone could fill volumes.

I couldn't be prouder of him.

One day I hope to share his story with you.

He's 68 and discovering his hidden talent.

I promise, it's not too late for you, no matter what your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment