Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Homesick

Today I longed for the US.

It doesn't happen much, but . . .

It started last weekend when I got a haircut.

My hair was shorter, but it was not what I wanted.

So today, I went to another salon, about an hour away.

And again, it's shorter, but it's still not what I wanted.

The problem is, almost everyone here has very long hair, so the ladies in the salons don't get any practice cutting short hair styles.

In desperation, I even went to a barber shop, but with the very distinct gender rules, the guy wouldn't give me the time of day.

Honestly, if I could, I'd be on the next flight out to Sacramento just to get a decent cut.

Yes, I miss my family and friends, but today I miss Willie Mae.

There is no one who cuts my hair better than her.

~~~~~~~~~~

I know.

I know.

A very recent post was about choosing to be happy.

Yes.

I see the irony in my whining.

And yes . . .

I will get over it . . .

Soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment