Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

There is Power in Forgiveness

I know.

I know.

You've heard it all before.

I keep harping on it because I'm a living witness to the power of forgiveness.

I'm experiencing things I've never dreamed of, and I know, without a shadow of doubt, it's because I let go of all the nonsense, and made a decision to forgive and see the good in people.

If I could/can do it (Grudge Queen that I was), so can you.

~~~~~~~~~~

From The Huffington Post -

Six Considerations on the Road to Forgiveness
So what can you do to make that seemingly impossible step towards forgiveness and the better health and aging that comes with it?
1) Choose to end the negative effect of what happened. The transgression has occurred. But it's over only when you choose to forgive and move on. You have the power to keep the wound alive and make the negative event even more negative and destructive.
2) Realize that the transgressor most likely felt there was a good reason to do what they did. Yes, it may have been misguided, wrong or even insane, but it made sense to them at the time. Think about things you have done that hurt others. You can find compassion there.
3) Know also that you are the one who benefits most from forgiveness.Your health, your relationships, your life ... are rescued from certain decline.
4) If you're having trouble forgiving someone, try forgiving them just for one day at a time. This small taste of what forgiveness feels like will most likely lead you to more.
5) Remember to forgive yourself. Guilt and self-loathing are destructive, self-induced villains.
6) Realize life is filled with curve balls ... some deliberate, some not.Whether you strike out or stay in the game is up to you.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roger-landry-md-mph/steps-to-help-you-forgive_b_8245096.html

No comments:

Post a Comment