Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Car Repair App

From The Root -

We’ve all been there. We’re in a foreign place and something goes wrong with our car, and we’re stuck searching for a way to fix it before any further issue can arise—without being half extorted for our money for an emergency repair.
Well, now there’s an app for that.

GreaseMonkey Mobile LLC is the brainchild of Stephan Walters, who got the idea about two years ago after having his taillight go out when he moved up to Washington, D.C., from Florida. He called his mom to ask where he should go to get it fixed. She recommended Midas. Walters, however, wasn’t buying it.

“I said if I go to Midas, the first thing they’ll do is look at me and see I know nothing about cars because I don’t even know what to ask for, and they may jack up the price on me. I told her again I wish there was some way I could find other auto shops in my area so I could easily compare prices, so I can get the best bang for my buck, without having to worry about getting ripped off. A light bulb went off, and that’s when I kind of got the idea for GreaseMonkey,” Walters explains to The Root.

Walters describes GreaseMonkey as “an automotive app that connects drivers with small businesses within the auto-maintenance-and-repair industry.”

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/greasemonkey/id922562062?mt=8

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2015/10/how_a_car_s_breakdown_led_to_an_app_breakthrough.html?wpisrc=newsletter_jcr:content%26

No comments:

Post a Comment