Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

This Kid - UGH!

From USA Today - (bold is mine)

A student breaks into his teacher's phone and distributes nude photo of her, and she's forced out.

When we were kids, the teacher’s desk was a fearsome island, a place you didn’t approach unless you absolutely had to.
Clearly, things have changed.
Take what happened when a South Carolina high school teacher left her cell phone on her desk last week to, she says, do her hall monitoring duties for a few minutes.
That phone was swiped by a 16-year-old male student, who then opened her photo library, went through the teacher’s photos, found a picture of her nude that she had taken for her husband (as she would later freely admit) for Valentine’s Day. The student took a snapshot of that photo with his phone, then sent it around to anyone and everyone he chose.
According to the teacher in an interview with a South Carolina CBS affiliate, that student later told her, “Your day of reckoning is coming.”
Now, I would like to state, proudly, how old I am. I am old enough that 1) If I took something from my teacher’s desk 2) If I dared to leaf through it 3) If I ever uttered the words, “Your day of reckoning is coming” to ANY ADULT IN THE WORLD — my day of reckoning would have already arrived.
I would have been thrown out of school, no questions asked, which would not have mattered, since my parents would have grounded me for life.
Instead, last week, the only day of reckoning was for the teacher, a 13-year veteran named Leigh Anne Arthur. Thanks to this kid’s antics, she was pressured to resign, she said.
And, until Friday, after the public outcry had grown loud, the student had not been punished or charged.
Like I said, things have changed.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2016/03/09/south-carolina-high-school-fires-teacher-nude-selfie-student-thief-column/81541862/

No comments:

Post a Comment