Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gratitude

As most of you know, I was married for twenty years and have been divorced now for seventeen.

I spent the first twelve of those years after my divorce being angry and bitter and resentful.  I couldn't see past the hurt and pain, to recognize the gift of freedom that I had been given.

It was only when I decided to forgive my ex for the wrongs, real or perceived, that I was truly able to move on and live life to the fullest.

It was only when I could honestly see him for the flawed man that he is, that I was able to see and understand that he was doing the best he could.  He was working at capacity.

So, I've replaced those feelings of betrayal and resentment, with feelings of gratitude and peace.

This is why I appreciated this open letter a woman sent to her ex.

And like her, I wish my ex only the best.

http://matadornetwork.com/life/dear-ex-boyfriend-open-letter-wrong-one/?utm_source=Traverse&utm_campaign=aea42ada05-Tuesday_Traverse_March_8_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c4e20459d5-aea42ada05-80146797

No comments:

Post a Comment