Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2016

Greetings!

My apologies for my absence.  I was under the weather, and then out of town for a few days.

We're on spring break, so I took this opportunity to take care of some business in Qatar, a neighboring country.

It is one of the countries that make up the Gulf Cooperation Council, or the GCC, as it is commonly known.  The countries are Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman and they all border the Persian Gulf. Conspicuously absent from this group is Iraq, which also borders the Persian Gulf.

Qatar is the site of the 2022 World Cup, and pictures from my hotel room show some of the massive building projects underway in preparation of this feat.  It's ambitious, to be sure.

This was taken from my hotel room.
There's a parking lot full of construction vehicles,
and across the highway, scaffolding litters the landscape.

No matter where I go, it's always good to get back home.

Here's wishing you a belated Happy Easter.

More soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment