Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

A Storyboard Artist

From the New York Times -

My Path to Hollywood
The storyboard artist for “Fences” talks diversity and visual storytelling in the film industry.
By WARREN DRUMMOND

Warren Drummond working on “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” in 2010. Betty K. Bynum
As a storyboard artist, my job is to visually tell a director’s concept of a film scene, frame by frame. I draw the close-ups, medium shots, and wide shots. I have drawn Stallone hanging from a helicopter on “The Escape Plan”; the always cool Samuel L. Jackson running, shooting and fighting in the “Shaft” reboot; Russell Crowe seeing imaginary friends and foes in “A Beautiful Mind”; and drawn hyper-intelligent chimpanzees in “Rise of the Planet of the Apes.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/us/my-path-to-hollywood.html?emc=edit_rr_20170225&nl=race-related&nlid=38867499&te=1&_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment