Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Weighted Blankets

An excerpt from OZY -

WHY I'M OBSESSED WITH WEIGHTED BLANKETS
By Taylor Mayol

Insomnia sucks. It interferes with your physical and mental health and can feel like an impossible situation. Trust me, an intermittent sufferer who, for seemingly endless bouts, wakes up multiple times a night with that terrible can’t-shut-off-my-brain thing. Insomniacs will try anything to get some sleep: herbal remedies, meditation, pills, sometimes a glass of wine. But what if the answer could be as simple as a piece of bedding?

Recently my mom gave me a gift: a plain-looking, seemingly quilted, excessively heavy “weighted blanket.” She’d read that these blankets help calm people with anxiety or insomnia. They’re also used to help autistic kids, sufferers of OCD, those with sensory disorders and even veterans with PTSD.

http://www.ozy.com/good-sht/why-im-obsessed-with-weighted-blankets/75244

No comments:

Post a Comment