Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Electronic Devices Ban

From the National.ae -

ABU DHABI // Businessmen, parents and frequent travellers from the UAE to the US spoke of their frustration about travelling on long-haul flights without their electronic devices.

~~~~~~~~~~

A Jordanian businessman said he cancelled his US travel plans after the ban was announced.

"This issue is very annoying for me because I am a businessman and when I travel the trip could last for about 16 hours. I use my laptop on board the flight to finish my work or contact my clients through Skype," said Amjad Mohammed, 28.

"It is pointless. I do not know what is the significance of this ban. On the contrary, it stimulates stealing the luggage of passengers.

"If they will feel that I am a danger to them, I do not want to go there and do not need it because I will be humiliated by this approach."

Parents will also have to look at alternative ways to keep young children occupied throughout the flight, travellers said.

Canadian Samarra Abu Samra, 30, a ballet studio director, is flying to the US with her children on Sunday, a day after the ban is due to come into force. She has four-month-old twins, a four-year-old and an eight-year-old.

"I need to start prepping my children for 16 hours of colouring book sessions," she said.

"My kids are allowed to use their iPads on vacation only and on the flights. I have no other option to keep them occupied for the entire flight next week and, unfortunately, it is a day flight so they will not sleep either."

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/frequent-flyers-to-us-frustrated-by-electronics-ban

No comments:

Post a Comment