Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Lazy Day

Fridays are my "don't get out of pjs day."

I made the mistake of making an appointment last Friday, and reminded myself not to do that again.

I enjoy these days of doing nothing.

Well, I'm doing something, but it's reading and watching television.

I watched a movie that came out a while ago and had good reviews.  The title is "A Separation."  It's about a couple going through a divorce.  I don't usually watch this kind of stuff.  Who wants to relive a divorce?

However, this movie did not disappoint.

It takes place in Iran and involves a tough decision.  Do they stay in Iran and care for a parent with Alzheimer's, or move to another country to make a better life for their 12 year-old daughter?

Sometimes divorce isn't about falling out of love, but about sacrificing the relationship for the greater good, whatever that is.

It was thought provoking . . . my kind of movie.

Another favorite that I watched months ago is "A Better Life" that provides a personal view of the immigration debate.  It should be required viewing for everyone, no matter what side of the debate you're on.

Both are low budget, independent films.  Again, my kind of movies.

Side note -  Sunday is a holiday of some kind, and we have a day off from school. Yeah for holidays!

Side note 2 - My principal returned yesterday from her 4-5 month stay abroad, where she was with her sick mother.  It is great having her back.

Side note 3 - Generally speaking, no matter what the circumstance, when you ask an Arab how they are, they respond with "Thank God, all is well."  This is their response to whatever is happening in their life.  They believe that whatever happens, is the will of God, and not to be questioned.

It's a freeing way to live, don't you think?


1 comment: