Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Anniversary

Today marks a year I've lived in the UAE.

And . . .

What a year it has been!

Although this blog is great for keeping in touch, it also serves as a log for the many experiences I've had.  

In many ways, it feels like I've been here a lot longer than a year.  Maybe because it took three months on the front end before I was OK'd to leave.  Or it might be because I have covered a lot of ground since arriving.

It is fitting though that this anniversary comes on the eve of Thanksgiving.

So, please allow me to share some of the things I'm thankful for.

I'm grateful for a wonderful, supportive group of guys I call family.  Without their support, this would have been a lot harder to do.

I'm grateful for the amazing women my sons married, and the joy they have brought to them.

I'm grateful for Zadie Faye and her little cousin who is on the way.  What a blessing they are!

I'm grateful for friends who didn't share their doubts with me about this voyage I was undertaking, but instead plowed in and helped me anyway, to get packed and on my way.

I'm grateful for doors that closed, and for the other ones flinging open wide, ushering in new adventures.

I'm grateful that I'm free of sickness, disease and ailments of any kind.

I'm grateful for the opportunities to explore the world around me, making dreams come true.

I'm grateful that on most days I choose to forgive.  And I'm grateful that the days that I struggle with this are getting fewer and fewer.

And . . .

Finally, I'm thankful for you.

I'm so grateful you take the time to read, browse, or simply check in to see that all is well.  Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences with you.  I'm often asked if I miss having someone to share this time with, and I then I tell them about you.  Reminding them, and myself, that I'm never alone.

I have you.

And I'm eternally grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment