Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Genuine Jordanians

I've been blessed to meet some great people in my travels, but the Jordanians have proven to be the warmest, kindest, and friendliest of all.

When we landed, I searched for someone holding up a sign with my name.  No luck. There was a guy holding a sign facing himself, that I couldn't read it.  When I inquired, still no luck, but he asked to see my paperwork, made some calls, and helped me to get a cab, and told me how much I could expect it to cost.  I offered to pay him for his help, but he simply said, "Welcome to our country."

It was almost midnight.

The cab driver asked if I had a prearranged tour guide.  I did not.  So we arranged for him to be my guide for the next two days.

Today we drove south to the city of Petra, famous for its mountains, and the amazing architecture cut into the mountains.

This is an incredible sight of the city below.
The picture doesn't do it justice.

Look at the sky.  It was a perfect day.

You have to believe in God when you see this.
Amazing!

This is carved into the mountain.
Incredible!

Thank God for Internet service, but uploading the pictures is taking a while.  I'll upload more when I get home.

More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment