Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Nighttime & Good Music

A city looks very different at night.

I rarely enjoy the distinction because my goal is always to be home before sunset.

A couple of days ago, I ran an errand after dark.

Unimpressive store fronts, in seedy neighborhoods, came alive in the glow of the bright lights.  They were suddenly inviting and charming.

Funny, how that is.

Side note -

I was just sharing with a friend today, that I have heard rhythm and blues music every place I've visited.  It's a universal language all its own.

Speaking of music -

I just downloaded Jason Gould's album.  He's Barbra Streisand's son.  I don't know why, but I was surprised at how wonderful his voice is.  He has great genes and destiny on his side.

I was also introduced to John Boutte, a vocalist from New Orleans.  For those of you who are familiar with "Treme" on HBO, he sings the theme song.  His album entitled "Jambalaya" is a keeper.

If you're 35 or younger, you're probably rolling your eyes at these musical mentions. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you've heard some music from some youngsters (younger than you) that you think is less than brilliant.  This is a cycle that just keeps repeating itself.  The older we get, the more pronounced it is.

Side note 2 -

For those of you who have friends and relatives scattered about, let me encourage you to try Google Video Chat.  It's an awesome way to keep in touch.

They should pay me for this.

Side note 3 -

Now that the time has changed in the US, we're back to it being a 12-hour difference in time between here and the West Coast.

So, it's almost bedtime for me, but a brand new day for you.

Make the most of it.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment