Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Sigh of Relief

My Mom used to say, "Tell me who you follow, and I'll tell you who you are."  I didn't really get this one until I had Ben and Frankie, and even then, it didn't gel until they were off to college.

It all came together for me when I met their friends.  It was only then that I could breathe a sigh of relief, and rest in the knowledge that they had chosen their friends wisely.

A deliberate act or a fluke?

No matter.

As parents we stumble along, praying that we get things right.  Sometimes we do. Sometimes we don't.

Should we earn an "A" for effort?

Maybe.

Probably . . . because . . .

Parenthood is no joke.

As wonderful as it is, I think it's the hardest job we'll ever have.

Somehow, if you're lucky/fortunate/blessed, once your kids grow up, you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

That's when the real fun begins.






No comments:

Post a Comment