Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Powerful Stuff

I finished the book, Defending Jacob, and loved it.

It's the kind of book that makes you think, what if?

Would I respond like they did (the characters), or would I have seen the writing on the wall and gone the other way?

This is a good, good book.

Very highly recommended.

Now to movies.

One of my all-time favorite movies is 12 Angry Men.  The original came out in 1957, starring Henry Fonda, L. J. Cobb, Jack Klugman and a host of other great actors.  It was remade and released again in 1997, this time starring Jack Lemon, George C. Scott, Ossie Davis, and a colorful cast of characters.

The entire movie takes places in a jury room where these men are deliberating the fate of a young man accused of murder.

Once more, it sets the stage for reflection, and more, what if's?

In music, Sean Hayes has a song called, "Powerful Stuff," that was used in a Subaru commercial.  I can't find the commercial, but here's a link to the song.


file://localhost/Users/fayesharpe/Desktop/04%20Powerful%20Stuff.m4a


Now, you're probably thinking, do I care if Faye likes this or that?

Well, if you know me, you know that I missed my calling.  I should have been in sales because when I like something, I want the world to know it and experience the joy of it with me.

Seriously, I should be paid for my endorsements.

Anyway . . .

On Friday, I begin my journey home.  First stop, New York City.

Until then,

Cheers.






No comments:

Post a Comment